This is my favorite version of Rice Krispy Treats. With the addition of salted peanuts and peanut butter chips it’s the perfect combo of sweet to salty. Be warned! These are addicting. I like to cut Rice Krispy Treats out with cookie cutters. These are easy and fast to make. You can leave them plain or spoon melted white chocolate over them.
Salted Peanut and White Chocolate Rice Krispy Treat Bunnies
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch (approx 30 x 22cm) rectangular pan with pan release or line pan with foil and lightly spray foil for easy removal later
- Spray a huge bowl with pan release spray, then measure and set aside
- 1 cup Planter’s roasted salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips (the kind you bake with — same size and shape as choc chips)
- 5-1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- In a large saucepan, melt over med low heat
- 6 Tablespoons of salted butter
- Add 5 oz white chocolate and stir until melted (I used Guittard white chocolate chips)
- Add 10 oz mini Kraft marshmallows and stir constantly over the heat until completely melted so that the mixture will run off the spoon like a thick sauce.
- Remove from heat
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the Rice Krispies, peanuts and peanut butter chips.
- Stir to combine. (I spray my huge mixing spoon with non-stick spray)
- Transfer mix to the prepared pan and smooth out by pressing with your finger tips
- Let cool.
- Release from pan onto a cutting board.
- Then turn over the Rice Krispy Treats so they’re right side up
- Use cookie cutters or cut into bars with a sharp knife.
- Option: To coat the bunnies
- Use Guittard white chocolate melts (round flat disks)
- Melt in a small saucepan over low heat, stir. (no need to add anything else)
- Then spoon over the Rice Krispy Treat while holding it over the pan.
- Let the excess drip into the pan.
- Place on a cooling rack and allow the coating to set.
- You could also coat these with Guittard milk chocolate or dark chocolate melts the same way.
- If you use chocolate chips or white chocolate chips (which are not the same as candy melts) add 1 teaspoon of shortening per cup of chips and melt in a saucepan over low heat.
- Storage: Wrap each piece and store in an airtight container.